Thread: BABY found beside dumpster In Houston Area

Founder

Thanks
    65 (420 Times in 265 Posts)

Default BABY found beside dumpster In Houston Area

HOUSTON -- A newborn baby was found inside an abandoned dryer at a Galleria area apartment complex Tuesday afternoon.
    The infant's cries likely saved her life.

"To see someone just throw away a baby like nothing. I mean, that's just wrong," said Gabriel Garcia, a neighbor.

The baby girl was rushed to Texas Children's Hospital where she is reportedly in good condition.

A CPS spokesperson said the baby weighed 6 pounds and 12 ounces and appears to be African American.

Neighbors told 11 News that a man taking out the trash heard the baby whimpering, opened the dryer and found her inside in a black bag.

The newborn's umbilical cord was still attached, according to neighbors.

Houston police responded to the call at Regency Apartments in the 6100 block of Winsome around 3 p.m.

They collected evidence from the dryer, which was next to a dumpster in the back of the apartment complex.

They believe the baby had been inside the dryer for about an hour.

"I think probably another hour and I don't think the baby would have lived through this," said Sgt. Colin Howard with HPD.
    Detectives questioned neighbors. They also used bloodhounds to try and get a scent from the trash bag that could lead them to a suspect.

They were not successful.

Tonight, they're urging the mother to come forward.

"I would like to stress to the mom that it's very important that she come forward because I am very concerned about her well-being and her welfare right now," said Howard. "She just delivered a baby -- my understanding a beautiful baby -- and I think any mom would want to hear that and to come in contact with their child. And I can't stress enough she needs to come forward and talk to us and tell us what happened in this case."

"A baby is a gift from God," said Michael Evans, a resident. "It's not something you can just trade off and just get rid of. So whoever did it, I hope they catch them and put them away for life."

CPS will try to get custody of the newborn on Wednesday so they can place her in foster care.

Under Texas law, the baby could have been dropped off at a hospital or a fire station without legal repercussions. There's a fire station just a few blocks away from where the newborn was found. ~snipped~

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou090317_mh_baby_dumpster_.4571ced7.html
    You never know just when your post might be that one post that reaches that right person. The one person that might be able to give that little tip that leads to the safe return of someone's loved one, Someones Mom, Someones Dad, Someones Child. Please take a moment to look at all the missing people and share them with your friends and them with theirs. Together WE CAN make a difference!!~Teressa
    Feel free to pm me here on the forum

Thanks for joining!

Founder

Thanks
    65 (420 Times in 265 Posts)

Default RE: BABY found beside dumpster In Houston Area

A newborn baby was found alive, abandoned inside an old clothes dryer Tuesday afternoon. Fortunately, that newborn is expected to be OK.
    The abandoned dryer was next to a dumpster at an apartment complex on Winsome at Fountain View in southwest Houston.

CPS says baby is a healthy African-American girl weighing around six pounds, 12 ounces and is 20 inches long. So far, there's no sign of the newborn's parents. Police went door to door Tuesday, trying to figure out who gave birth to the infant and how she ended up in the dryer.

Police say a man found the infant at around 3pm when he went to the dumpster to throw something away and he heard crying coming from inside the dryer. He looked inside and saw a black plastic bag. Inside that bag was the newborn, umbilical cord still attached.

"Thank God he saw it and he heard it," said witness Blanca Olvera. "If not, we never know what would have happened to the baby."~snipped~

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6714771&rss=rss-ktrk-article-6714771

You may also visit this link to view a vid of where the baby was found.
    You never know just when your post might be that one post that reaches that right person. The one person that might be able to give that little tip that leads to the safe return of someone's loved one, Someones Mom, Someones Dad, Someones Child. Please take a moment to look at all the missing people and share them with your friends and them with theirs. Together WE CAN make a difference!!~Teressa
    Feel free to pm me here on the forum

Thanks for joining!