Thread: "Zombie Attacks"

I'm a gypsy. I prefer to live the RV life and travel.
    Thanks
    0 (10 Times in 9 Posts)

Default "Zombie Attacks"

After the rumors circulating through the years about Zombies in 2012, I have to admit it's kinda freaky. However, on a scientific note, these people are all high on drugs, they aren't brought back to life, they haven't been dead. And the power of suggestion is a very underated thing. If these people have been thinking that the possiblity of this happening to them or in general is possible, and then they get strung out, or experience a psychological issue, etc, the chances of their mind creating the delusion is very high.
    For those wondering, the whole Zombie thing came about when people combined their interpretations of the bible and the Mayan calender together. The Mayan calender belief is that the world will end in 2012, but of course doesn't say how, the calender just ends. So someone with too much time on their hands, (IMO) went to the bible and interpreted Jesus raising the dead (dead raising=zombies) combined that with the world is gonna end in 2012 (Mayan calender) and decided it must be because it will be overtaken with zombies. Lol.
    On another note, there have been cannibals since the beginning of time. The first documented case being in 1874 in the case of Alfred Packer.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/30...zombie-attack/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kasey For This Useful Post:

Teressa (06-21-2012)

I'm a gypsy. I prefer to live the RV life and travel.
    Thanks
    0 (10 Times in 9 Posts)

Default Re: "Zombie Attacks"

I stand corrected on my wording of the above "the first documented". Actually the first documented case was a group of Europeans whos remains were discovered in 1984 (ATAPUERCA, Spain). By 1992 they found an intact skeleton and had uncoverd more than 150 remains, dating from 400,000 to 800,000 years back. The cannabalised remains were found scattered amongst buffalo and deer remains etc. Leaning toward it wasn't of a ritualistic nature, but basically because they liked the meat. Most of their victims, with the exception of only about 2 were children and adolescents.
    One of the most NOTED causes, was the case of Alferd Packer. His was a little different as in he didn't appear to have done it out of enjoyment, but survival.
    I want to note the 2nd most famous because Netflix has a movie on it, that was really crazy. And that's Albert Fish. Whoa, now that was one sick and twisted man.
    So with all this being said,
    WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THE "ZOMBIE" ATTACKS AND THEORY?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kasey For This Useful Post:

Teressa (06-21-2012)